Here is something fun. Dome, the home automation arm of Elexa Consumer Products, has announced a Z-Wave controlled appliance that can remotely shut a water supply valve. Their valve control device allows you to take water leak detection and remote property management to a new level. With the device you can choose to close the water valve either manually or as part of a scripted scene when a leak is detected. The appliance will be officially announced at CES in 2017. For now, their site illustrates an simple device that straps onto a common range of pipe sizes and is easy enough for the average home owner to install themselves. This is one of those great ideas that has been taken to the next level and seems obvious in retrospect. Anyone who has ever come home to a burst pipe will appreciate the elegance and potential of this type of device!
- 15 Ways To Get Started Using AlexaMar 17, 2018
- Smart Switch vs. Smart DeviceFeb 28, 2018
- Amazon Echo Buying Guide: Which One Should You Buy?Feb 24, 2018
- Three new Amazon Echo….Echo….Echos….Oct 4, 2017
- Build Your Own Google Home box!Oct 3, 2017